[Note: WLIR displays only 10 posts on the main page. All posts are accessible via the Archives.]

Monday, August 15, 2005

 

"The President Hears and Understands" (2)

I really, really would like to believe The Weasel is not so stupid that he actually said these things, in "defend[ing] his decision not to meet with the grieving mom [Cindy Sheehan] of a soldier killed in Iraq":
"...whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."

"But," he added, "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."
[...]
The comments came prior to a bike ride on the ranch with journalists and aides.
[...]
"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy," he said when asked about bike riding while a grieving mom wanted to speak with him. "And part of my being is to be outside exercising."
(From Cox News Service, courtesy of The Smirking Chimp; various emphases mine.)

Please don't let the man who allegedly makes life-and-death decisions for us every day (well, when not on vacation) really be that stupid.

Yes, I knew he was emotionally "challenged." I knew he had a gift (if that's the word) for mangling his off-the-cuff utterances to the point of incomprehensibility, and beyond. I knew about his penchant for making bizarre claims about how great it is to be president, especially in a post-9/11 world. This goes way beyond all of that. I can't wait to see how Scotty "I think we've already addressed that" McClellan handles this. (Oh, wait -- he's on vacation, too, isn't he?)

I've said before, but indulge me for repeating: Can there really be anyone in America who still, still imagines that this unspeakable dingleberry of a human being would be a great guy to talk to? Are people still claiming that to speak the truth about him shows disrespect for the presidency -- as though the office were not debased every day by the incumbent?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?